Wednesday, May 20, 2009

33 Weeks

This week has been rather uneventful.  The only thing worth mentioning is that I am now being referred to as HUGE -- mostly by my mother.  I can't place all the blame on her, though.  Any time I venture away from my house, people say things like "Trying to walk the baby out?" or "You look like you're ready to pop!"  Ahhhh -- the horror on their faces when I tell them that I have six weeks to go.  The fact is, my belly is really growing.  My laptop no longer fits on my lap.  Leaning over the sink to brush my teeth is nearly impossible.  And getting in and out of bed is like an Olympic sport.  My dismount this morning would have gotten me disqualified!

The babies seem to get bigger every day.  What used to feel like a little tickle in my belly now feels like a knee to the groin.  It's not all bad, though.  Joe and I can watch the babies roll around in my belly -- they actually interact with each other.  It's pretty cool.

Our house is finally back in order.  All of the rooms are just about finished -- with the exception of some finishing touches here and there.  The nursery looks adorable!  As soon as the curtains arrive, we'll take some pictures and post them.  You've already seen the fantastic branch/birds decal, and this week you'll get a little preview of the shelves (since my belly shots were taken in the nursery last night).  Speaking of which...

 
  
(Note:  Stretch marks have been edited out for those with a weak gag reflex)

No comments: