Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Our Last Weekly Pregnancy Update - 38 Weeks

This is, without question, our very last weekly pregnancy update.  Poppy and Olive will be making their grand entry into this world on Monday, June 29th, at the absolute latest.  Of course they could choose to arrive sooner and make everyone (especially their parents) very happy, but I'm not betting the ranch on that!

We have tried every trick in the book to get these girls to come out.  I drank castor oil, which didn't taste as bad as everyone said it would.  We walked.  We drove on bumpy roads.  We did...um...some other stuff.  NOTHING WORKED!  I'm 9 1/2 months pregnant with twins, People!  This is nuts! 

The babies have been done cooking for weeks.  Their lungs are fully developed, as well as all of the other important parts.  At this point, they are only gaining weight and torturing their mother.  They are over six pounds each and may reach 6 1/2 to 7 pounds each by the time they are born on Monday.  I can't remember if I shared this before, but we also know that both girls have hair.  I can't wait to see how much, but given that they can see it on the ultrasound, I'm betting that we'll be able to use barrettes for their first photo session! 

Thank you all for sharing this crazy experience with us -- it's been fun.  Long, but fun.  I hope you'll all stick around to see updates of the girls and our family.  Our next post will almost certainly include pictures of our new baby girls.  I hope you will all enjoy getting to know them with us.

And without further ado:

1 comment:

Donna said...

Jill you look so BEAUTIFUL! I can not wait to see pictures of the girls! Good luck on Monday! Who knows maybe they have decided to come today ;)