Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Kinder Chef Camp

On July 2nd and 3rd, Poppy and Olive had Kinder Chef Camp at Coverdale Farm. This was a parent and child camp to warm them up to the idea of camp. I've since come to the realization that both Olive and Poppy do much better socially and behaviorally when they are without a parent. Anyway, I left my camera in my car the first day of camp, so you'll have to rely on my impressive recall and story telling abilities.

We made honey bee cookies the first day. We discussed where the ingredients came from, and then collected some from the animals. The kids got to pick eggs from the hen house, search for butter in the barn where the cows live, and see the bee colony that produced the honey!

The second day, we made pasta primavera, and the kids got to pick the grape tomatoes and harvest the garlic. Chopping, measuring, and cooking all this with kids is no easy task, but it sure was fun!

Poppy and a scarecrow

Poppy sampling a tomato

Olive and her tomato

Harvesting garlic


Carrying a tablecloth with new friends

My kids don't like sitting with strange kids.

Waiting patiently for our pasta

No comments: