Monday, August 1, 2011

Blast from the Past

Remember puffy paint?  I don't know if they even make it anymore.  But, I found a recipe for microwave puffy paint on my new favorite blog, Play at Home Mom.  Please check out this site if you have kids.  There are so many fun art and sensory activities.  Anyway, the puffy paint isn't for t-shirts or hats.  You paint with it on cardboard squares and then microwave it.  It basically dries it out right away and gets spongy like puffy paint.  Ours was a little too thin so there was not as much dimension to it as I would have liked.  We all had fun anyway!

Stir, stir, stir.

Stir some more.

Stir until smooth.

Taste it.  Don't worry.  It's just flour, salt, and water.

Grimace.

My kids chose to make brown, green, purple, and pink paint.

 Now, paint!



Poppy and Olive didn't quite understand the concept of microwaving their creations to dry them out.  Actually, I think it scared them.  I had to microwave Poppy's in secret because she would cry every time I tried nuke it!  They stacked them on top of each other and smooshed the paint all around.  It was mostly brown in the end.

We also got a visit from one of Jill's dear friends, Andrea.  Hide and seek was the game of choice!


Where's Olive?

No comments: