Friday, October 16, 2009

Computers

Before we get to the pictures and videos for today, let's talk about technology. I happened upon Sesame Street on Wednesday morning, and Elmo was just hanging out... checking his email! It was actually a video from The Count. At least he was trying to teach Elmo to brush his teeth. Since when does Sesame Street teach computer usage?

I decided to take a trip down memory lane. I remember being in 5th grade when I first heard of the Internet. In computer class, Mrs. Junta showed us Prodigy, a dial-up news service which was popular before AOL was around. She thought it was amazing that you could read the news on the computer. At the time, I didn't care so much. But now, could I live without the Internet? Fat chance. Will my girls be able to live without it? Even fatter chance. Do I help them embrace it knowing that they will become dependent on it, or do I try to limit the perceived dependence on it so they are not addicted to it in a few years? There is no way to get away from it. How many kids are saying, "Elmo does it, so why can't I?" It just makes you think.

Enough commentary. Enjoy the pictures and videos!

Who is who? (Answer at very bottom of posting)


"Get me out of this stupid outfit!"

"That's interesting."

Poppy wearing an outfit that Grandma Diane made for Jill.

Limp Noodle

Lost in a Sea of Polka Dots

Cute Shirts

Primping in the Mirror

Dueling Bouncies


(Answer to "Who is Who?" at top: Picture 1 is Poppy, 2 is Olive)

No comments: