Thursday, June 10, 2010

Not All Bad Pictures are Bad

Our little monkeys love noodles. It's so cute to see them work to pick up the slimy noodles and slurp them into their mouths. Typically, when we lift them up from the table, there are more noodles on their laps than Joe actually cooked. I don't know how it works, but I'm pretty sure my kids clone noodles. Where was I, oh, so when Olive is feeling a little lazy, she implements the bowl of noodles-to-face maneuver that you see here.
If the girls look at this picture in 30 years and say, "Mom, who is that?"  I'm totally screwed -- and that's how I define a bad picture -- when I can't tell my own kids apart.  So while a picture of someone with their entire face covered with a plastic bowl filled with noodles might technically be a bad picture, c'mon -- how cute is this?!

Oy.  I'm going to come right out and say that this is not the most flattering picture of Poppy.  She looks bloated, dirty and, let's be honest, that bandanna with that bubble romper is just a crime of fashion!  So, why do I love this picture?  I don't know.  I just do!

 This kid's eyes are so gorgeous, you can almost ignore the large piece of grape skin on her nose.  I said almost.
That's my Poppy - quite the messy eater these days.  In addition to causing messes, Poppy enjoys long walks on the back porch, climbing anything and playing in the dishwasher.  Poppy's favorite activity, however, is whatever Olive is doing.
 
This picture makes me think that Poppy should be wearing a t-shirt that says, "Mommy and Daddy went to the Farm and all I got was this stupid cow."  Eh...never mind.  Her face pretty much says the same thing.

Oh my little Olive.  She is so sweet and affectionate.  Her laugh brightens my day, but it's her hair (or lack thereof) that makes me giggle.  There is not a single strand of hair on Olive's head that knows what it wants to do.  From the front, she's practically bald; from the back, she looks like a member of Lollipop Guild from The Wizard of Oz.  It's absolutely adorable!

Olive is one of those kids that would be content for hours with a single piece of paper.  She would eat the paper eventually, but not before she ripped it into minuscule bits, wet each piece by putting it in her mouth, and then removing it and sticking it on the floor/wall/Poppy, whatever is nearest in proximity.  Needless to say, this 20 foot long piece of packing paper was a huge hit!

In addition to paper, Olive loves books, spending time outside in the grass, laying on the dog and being held upside down for long periods of time.  Even with such a variety of hobbies, paper is her one true love.

Oh, and when I refer to my girls as monkeys, it's only because they would scale the house if we'd let them.  They climb everything.  Actually, I got an email from Amazon.com the other day notifying me that I had ordered a couple of carabiners and a set of climbing harnesses.  I knew we should have held off on teaching the girls how to one-click shop.  I can only blame myself. 

No comments: