Sunday, February 14, 2010

Question of the Week



Who are your Valentines and why?

I have 3 valentines: my wife and my 2 children.

Poppy, I love the way you reach for me to snuggle. You can sleep for hours in my arms, and I could watch you breath the entire time (But I always fall asleep, too!). Your wide-eyed smile and giggle/scream make me smile from ear to ear. Olive, your smile is absolutely infectious. Your curiosity helps me to see the world through your eyes. Watching you play makes me feel like a kid again. When you cry, I want to cry, and giving you the comfort that you need makes me feel better. Poppy and Olive, you are the lights of my life! Watching you grow makes every day special. After 7 months, I already can't imagine life without you. I know that you will become beautiful women some years down the road and that you will continue to bring me joy for as long as I live. I am so proud to be your dada.

To my beautiful wife, Jill: Words cannot express how much I love you and how much I love sharing our lives with each other. You have given me more than I could ever ask for. I see you in our children, and our family is complete. We have been married for almost 5 years, and I can't wait for the many more adventures to come. You're a wonderful mother and wife, and I am the luckiest man in the world. Happy Valentine's Day!


No comments: