Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Miami by the Day, January 19, 2011

It's been over 2 weeks since I wrote last, but I have good reason... vacation!  We took the kids to Miami Beach to visit Mom-mom and Pop-pop on January 19.  Jill had to return home to work, and I got the luxury of staying here with the kids.  I will be here until February 7.  I haven't posted any pictures yet because the only time I have to do it is when the kids are sleeping.  However, they sleep in the office with the computer... So you see my dilemma.  I finally moved the computer to the kitchen temporarily so that I could update you on the fun.  Since the northeast and much of the rest of the country is covered in ice and snow, this trip could not have come at a better time!  We're sweating here in Florida!  The pool is fantastic.  The beach is fantastic.  The playgrounds are fantastic.  From the 18th floor, we watch the sun rise and set every day.  Alright, enough gloating.  I'm chronicling the trip by day.  So, here is our arrival day, January 19.  Enjoy!

Poppy and Olive testing out their toddler-sized air mattresses.  They did not work so well, so we rented pack-and-plays for sleeping.


What a view from Mommy and Daddy's room!
Poppy--"Can we go out there?"


Olive on the playground


Olive


Happy family!


Poppy and her Mommy




Olive and me






Pop-pop and Olive


Beautiful sunset


Poppy playing with Franz



Olive dancing with Hanz


Apparently he needed to go to the potty and get wiped...


Dinner after a long day of travel and acclimating to a new house


Check back soon for day 2!

No comments: