Friday, December 4, 2009

Christmas Spectacular at Longwood Gardens




Our last trip to Longwood Gardens was so much fun that I took the girls back for the Christmas Spectacular yesterday. I'm lucky to have such a beautiful place so close to home for an outing when I need a change of pace. We got a new camera, and I has lots of fun playing with it.


Poppy

Olive

Longwood has numerous Christmas trees throughout the conservatory all decorated differently. They are amazing!












Pomegranate Bonsai

I happened upon a group of winterberry and took pictures from various angles and distances to test some camera settings.






Pitcher Plants


Finally, the orchid room offers literally hundreds of plants to view. Orchids are one of my favorite flowers, and they did not disappoint!

This blossom was the size of my little finger nail.
This was one of the larger specimens. Each blossom was larger than my fist.
More very small blossoms
Shooting at any angle and in any direction captures many different plants.
One of my favorites in the whole display room

No comments: